How Does This Work?
It’s really a step by step process. We will have more questions for you than you have for us. Our goal is to build you a better website using today’s tools starting with Word Press.
Do you have a ‘Domain’?
- This is where it starts with web services.
- You will need a .com, .net or .org domain name so you can be seen on the web.
- Domains cost roughly $10/year, depeding on the .com, .net or .org.
- If you have a domain, you have a home for your site.
If you don’t already have a website, next comes ‘hosting’
- Your website will reside on a server somewhere on the web.
- Services like Go-Daddy have web servers where your site; the software and hardware live.
- Hosting is anywhere from $4 per month (Go-Daddy type services) to as much as
- $10-20 per month depending on how much space and capacity you need.
- Our managed hosting is $10 per month or $100 per year.
- Managed hosting means we perform maintenance, keep out the viruses and make
- sure you’re backed up.
- Our hosting, like most hosting companies, guarantee 99.99% uptime.
- If the internet is up, so is your website.
- We also add other services on to this price if you need or want them.
Do you already have a web site?
- If you do, we’ll bring it up to date and make it easy to update.
- We use a product called WordPress, it’s easy to create and easy to maintain.
- You can create your own ‘content’, using WordPress templates and themes.
- It’s so easy you can maintain it yourself.
- We can create and maintain your content if you wish, that’s one of our services.
- But we don’t just want to build you a website, anyone can do that. We are
- experts in web design, and want to keep you relevent now and in the future.
- That includes using WordPress themes that are artful, elegant and stay current
- with the technology (which changes daily) and anticipating what you’ll need.
Here’s another bit of Jargon for you: Responsive!
- Let’s face it. Everyone uses smart phones these days. In fact, over 50% (and more every day) of site users visit from mobile devices! So, what does this whole “responsive” thing have to do with it? Responsive design means that we approach design and development with the idea that the site we are crafting should respond to the user’s behavior and environment based on screen size, platform and orientation. In layman’s terms, whether it be a phone, tablet or desktop computer, your site is going to be easy to use and it’s going to look fantastic.
What else do you need?
- Do you need or want customization to the standard package?
- Shopping carts and E-Commerce
- Advertising – Google AdSense to bring you revenue
- Calendars and Forums?
- Customized data forms?
- Do you want to manage your own ‘content’?
- You’ll need a little training or we can point you to places you can learn
- Do you need special graphics, video or other media?
- Perhaps all you need is a WordPress Add-on or ‘Plug-in’
- Galleries for photos and media abound, most are free!
Search Engine Optimization
- If you’ve investigated our home page, you’ll have seen information on what is called SEO. It’s really a misnomer, although there still are three major ‘Search Engines’ where people will find you on the internet.
- Google is obviously the most used and the biggest, but there are still Bing (Microsoft) and of course Yahoo.
- Content is what brings people to your site, but there are tips and tricks to the SEO trade.
- If we maintain your content, we will make you show up in the search engines.
- If you maintain your content, we’ll share the secrets of the mysterious SEO.
Social Media – The Vortex
- Another service we provide is likes, followers, connections, pins, snaps, shares, videos, tweets and votes.
- You need it we will add it to your tab.
- Facebook and Twitter pages can be used to enhance how your customers and members find you.
- We can make it happen!
- Social media will help you get recognized as an authority on whatever your web site offers.
Just need an email box for your business?
- Up to ten email addresses for Webmail are included in our hosting.
- Need more? We can even get you set up with Gmail for your non-profit, using your own company name, for free.
- Operating a for profit business? Well, yes google charges for that.
Need to send email to your subscribers and customers?
- Not only can we help you design and monetize your email messages, we call them ‘templates’ just like the web sites, but we can introduce you to a number of ways to use email marketing and contact to keep your members and customers informed.
- Mail Chimp
- Constant Contact
- We will help you keep up with all your email requirements.
- We will show you the best practices and ad networks to make sure your site generates income.
We built it. We support it. Whenever you need maintenance or design modifications, we will
be there to help you.
Graphic Design and Marketing
- Looking for a new logo?
- Need help with your product design?
- We have a complete ‘Marketing’ department we can call on!
- You name it, we can do it and keep it in your budget.